Machine Learning – AI Engineering- AI for the Good
Wednesday 24 June 2020 – 100% online!
The link to access to the digital French-German Summer School with industry 2020 will be available on this web site a few days before May 24th.
Morning Free watching of short videos (access on the video Summer-School website) from
- industry partners (on how they relate to the Summer-school’s topics)
- academia and research (on scientific topics)
- policy partners (on the French-German cooperation)
Afternoon Live plenary session
13.00 French & German official opening
13.15-13.45 Virtual Coffee: live moderated Q&A discussion on the posted videos
13.45 – 14.45 Session 1 – Machine Learning (chaired by Ecole Normale Supérieure Paris-Saclay)
- Live presentation by Francois Deheeger, Michelin Lead Data Scientist, France. Hybrid model in product design.
- Live presentation by Fikri Hafid, Réseau de Transport d’Electricité Head of R&D Studies, France. Machine learning use cases at a transmission system operator.
- Live presentation by Michael Granitzer, Passau University Professor for Data Science, Germany. Machine Learning Engineerging and Sustainability.
- Q&A on the 3 presentations and panel discussion
14.45 – 16.00 Session 2 – AI for the Good (chaired by Siemens)
- Live presentation by Benno Blumoser, Siemens AI Lab Munich, Germany. AI for the Good – a Corporate View.
- Live presentation by Brian Tervil, CNRS research scientist, Borelli center, ENS Paris-Saclay, France. ONADAP – a visualization and decision support tool for dynamic human and material ressources allocation within hospital facilities in times of sanitary crisis.
- Live presentation by Valentin KRUSPEL, Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ),Germany. Data Powered Positive Deviance and Beyond – Using AI for Sustainable International Development.
- Live presentation by Julia Gottfriedsen, German Aero-Space Center (DLR) Environmental Data Science Researcher, Germany. Environmental Data Science.
- Q&A on the 4 presentations and panel discussion.
16.00 – 17.00 Session 3 – AI Engineering (chaired by Passau University)
- Live presentation by Gianluca Bontempi, Université Libre de Bruxelles Professor and Co-Head at Machine Learning Group, Belgium.
- Live presentation by Matthias Laporte, Inspector at Banque de France, France. Self organizing maps for anomaly detection in an operational context.
- Live presentation by Tobias Bürger, BMW Lead Big Data and AI Platform, Germany.
- Q&A on the 3 presentations and panel discussion.
17.00 – 17.15 Wrap-up and Closing
ENS Paris-Saclay, France; University of Passau (Germany); Siemens (Germany)